I have a somewhat different post today which hopefully you will enjoy. I certainly had fun creating it 🙂 It’s not just my usual eye makeup but sort of a full styling attempt :).
The inspiration came from my friend, and pro MUA, Malou, who suggested I try some dark lips…so I did. My lipstick collection doesn’t really contain true dark colours but it does have some gorgeous red shades.
Some time ago, I ordered an adventure pack with 10 NYX Round Lipsticks from rockthecatwalk – basically the lovely people at the online store picked 10 shades for me (I could give them an idea what I wanted) and I had no clue what to expect.
Overall, the lipsticks turned out to be really pigmented and creamy, especially the matte ones. I instantly fell in love with one of them though, a red beauty named Hero…
(photo taken from Internet)
Naturally, with a lipstick like this, one has to remain a bit on the neutral side with the eye makeup. All I can say is, I tried!!! 😛
To make it even more fun, I used as a prop another favourite of mine – a red beret I got from Accessorize several years ago.
And that’s how the complete look turned out:
And now without the red beret:
- Bourjois healthy mix foundation #54
- Bourjois healthy balance powder #55
- Bourjois cream to powder blush #2
- Essence Ticket to Paradise shimmer powder
- NYX Round Lipstick Hero
- Essence colour arts eye base
- MUG pigment Blitz
- Makeup Studio shimmer effects
- MUG pigment NY’s Eve
- MUG eyeshadow Frappe
- MUG eyeshadow Beaches and Cream
- MUG eyeshadow Shimma Shimma
- MUG eyeshadow Bada Bing
- Essence eyeliner pen
- Max Factor black kohl pencil
- Max Factor Wild Mega Volume volumising mascara
What do you think about this look? And the lipstick? Let me know in the comments 🙂