Perhaps you have noticed the several mentions of Concrete Minerals eyeshadows last week…and you became a bit curious. Well, today I would like to officially introduce them to you. So, in case you are interested in mineral eyeshadows (actually even if you aren’t)..keep reading. They are totally worth it!
Concrete Minerals exist since 2009 and I heard about them whilst watching videos of the Biohazardous Beauty who eventually became their “eye-model”, meaning when you open the website to check out their eyeshadows, it’s her eyeball that you see demonstrating each of the shadows.
If you are into that sort of thing, it would probably be important for you to know that their products are cruelty-free (a big plus in my book!), vegan, paraben-, talc-, and gluten-free. They say, quote “We only include the purest ingredients and always exclude cheap fillers like talc and bismuth oxychloride”. I am trying to be more aware of the ingredients included in makeup products lately, so a statement like this, makes a great difference to me!
I ordered their 8-mineral eyeshadow pack ($48 for 8 shades of your choice), and since they offer free shipping on orders above $50 (internationally!!!), I added another shadow to my order.
First of all, their customer service responded to me immediately after I sent my wishes for the 8-pack. As I didn’t manage to do it while doing the actual order, I sent them an e-mail to let them know which 8 eyeshadows I’d like to include. They were very friendly, told me all was good with my order, so no worries 🙂
Imagine my face when less than a week later…yes, less than a week!, my order was already waiting for me in the mail box! I was totally blown away…never received a package from the US in less than 7 days. WOW!!!
But the surprises did not end there….in addition to my 9 eyeshadows, Concrete Minerals also sent me samples of 2 other mineral eyeshadows. A present!!! That doesn’t happen to me very often, so I had to squeal a bit and do my dance of joy 🙂 hahaha
Ok, time for some photos, swatches and the likes:
Each shadow comes in a plastic jar, with a sifter (which is convenient with loose eyeshadows, keeps the entropy levels down :P) and contains 1,5 g product.
My bonus eyeshadows, which I transferred to those little jars:
Although not 1,5 g, these samples will still last me a long time, as there is more than enough product…so actually, I got 11 shadows instead of 9 🙂
Let me show you some swatches (done over the Essence I love stage e/s base), and comment on each of the eyeshadows too:
Let’s start with the top row:
- White Rabbit is white with a pink sheen to it. Personally, I love colours like that…a bit of a 2 in 1 deal. It works great as a highlighter but also as a lid colour for more inconspicuous looks.
- Daydream is a really lovely baby blue. I lacked one in my collection and since I do love the colour, Daydream is really a dream come true.
- Detox, ah Detox!…Probably the shadow I have used the most the last week. A beautiful mint green with silver sparkles. I love pairing it with my blue-ish eyeshadows from Inglot..makes a gorgeous look, I have been wearing this combo a lot lately. I have to show you some time!
- Hearts is a pretty red shade. I have some reds, with strong pinkinsh undertones, and I am very glad to have added this one now, because it’t not as pink 😀
- X’s and O’s – This eyeshadow was actually a previously limited-edition product but people loved it so much that now it is part of the regular CM collection. X’s and O’s is a magenta-purple with copper sparkles. Gorgeous!
- Unity is a really vibrant lavender purple with gold sparkles. I love purples and this is such a bright one. It fills me with joy!
- Jezbel is a dark, sort of plummy purple. A very unique shade and perfect for darkening the crease.
- Kinky – well, the name says it all! It’s described as a black-base teal with rainbow sparkles…and it is indeed all that and so much more! I am hopelessly in love with this eyeshadow. So one of a kind!
- Swamped is a deep green with gold undertone. As a sucker for greens, this one just stole my heart at first sight 🙂
- Rocked (bonus shade 1) is absolutely stunning. A pale peach with a violet sheen. Really pretty, and again, a duochrome. Gotta love that!
- Deviant (bonus shade 2) is a very interesting eyeshadow. CM describe it as a warm plum purple with pink undertones and gold sparkle. To me it also has a bit of brown in it…maybe it’s just me though. I haven’t had the chance to use it yet, but I have high hopes for it!
So which colour(s) do you like the most? Do you own anything from Concrete Minerals?
Over a base, or the NYX JEPs (or the combination of the two), these beauties apply best and remain on the lid for a good 8-10 hours. I highly recommend these mineral eyeshadows to everyone, because they truly deserve fame and glory.
Hopefully you found this review informative and useful 🙂 For what is worth, check out the website of Concrete Minerals, and get lost in all the pretty colours…Enjoy!
Till next time!