time for another daytime appropriate makeup look (in my book anyway ;)). What I love most about it, apart from how quick and easy it is to do, is that you get to wear two colours all day, no need to change your makeup. Just turn a bit to the left, and it’s reddish-brown…Then turn slightly to the right, and it’s metallic blue-gree…The clues were obvious, I am talking about the MUG pigment Insomnia.
A lot of you perhaps think there is no way they can pull off a duochrome pigment during daytime. Well, yes you can! I did yesterday :), and it felt pretty great too!
Another major discovery I have made about Insomnia is that it has very satisfactory staying power…over e/s base it remained on my lids for 10 hours. Quite impressive, right?!
Contrary to your expectations, this look is not overpowering and inappropriate for daytime…do you agree? Would you wear Insomnia to work?
List of products used:
- Hema e/s base
- MUG pigment Insomnia (all over the lid)
- MUG e/s Frappe (crease and a bit above towards the brow bone)
- MUG e/s Beaches and Cream (for blending under the brow bone)
- MUG e/s Shimma Shimma (inner corner)
- Essence eyeliner pen black (to wing a bit of liner)
- Max Factor black kohl pencil (waterline)
- Max Factor Clump Defy False Lash effect mascara
Hellooo autumn ladies!
I am going out for a small shopping session with my beautiful friend, Manuela, and I did a very easy daytime-appropriate makeup. So, I thought let’s share this with you…and since I am already all dressed up, I can add an outfit of the day tag 🙂 Two birds with one stone: my favourite!
The makeup is very very simple…just gold and warm brown on the eyes paired with red lips, perfect for this season!!!
I can tell you all the products that I have used:
- Skin79 super plus bb cream (I am planning a review of my bb creams!)
- Bourjois Healthy Balance unifying powder (dark beige)
- Bourjois cream blush #02 (you cannot really see it on the photo but it’s a lovely peachy cream to powder blush. I will do a review of my blushes as well!..boy so many reviews!)
- Essence I love stage e/s base
- MUG e/s Pretentious
- MUG e/s Gold Digger
- MUG e/s Beaches and Cream
- MUG e/s Bada Bing
- Essence long-lasting eye pencils (Hot Chocolate and Bling Bling)
- Essence long-lasting lipstick On the Catwalk! (just got it yesterday and I luuuv the colour; I did a review of my other lipsticks from this collection, check it out here)
And for my outfit, I picked one of my pretty autumn dresses from Orsay (big fan of this brand, sadly they are not available in the Netherlands). Normally, I’d wear high-heels with this outfit, but I did something to my foot and it hurts so bad I’ve been limping all day :/. So my comfy black boots had to do.
Did I really have to be touching that Dracena tree??!?!?!? When I tell you I am not much of a model, I do not kid 🙂
I hope you enjoy my daytime makeup idea of today!!!
Chapter 3 of my daytime look series will be dedicated to autumn, since, whether we like it or not, summer has waved us goodbye (a thought I can barely stand…only the prospect of Christmas keeps my spirits up once the cold wave hits :))
This makeup look is slightly heavier than the previous ones, but the colours I used are very neutral and flattering for this season.
First of all, my apologies that the photos are not the best…most of the “good” daylight was gone. Sorry!
Next, to the look itself. I used only MakeupGeek (MUG) e/s today, to not make it too complicated product-wise. What I used, and for what purpose:
- Essence I love stage e/s base
- MUG e/s Shimma Shimma (inner corner of the eye)
- MUG e/s Glamorous (on the moving lid; a very beautiful satin finish coppery-gold colour which would look absolutely amazing, if you have blue or green eyes)
- MUG e/s Gold Digger (in between Shimma Shimma and Glamorous as a transition colour; Gold Digger is a satin finish gold yellow colour…veeery pretty!)
- MUG e/s Bada Bing (in the outer V and on the lower lash line; Bada Bing is a stunning chocolate brown e/s with fine red glitter. It is among my favourite e/s from MUG!)
- MUG e/s Chickadee (above outer V, for blending purposes; Chickadee is a matte finish warm orange e/s…I love using it for blending)
- MUG e/s Beaches and Cream (under the brow bone; as I have also said before, Beaches and Cream is a matte finish cream-beige-y e/s which is a must-have for blending, especially under the brow bone)
- Essence long-lasting eye pencil #15 Bling Bling (on the waterline, just for a pop of gold)
You can pair this with some lovely red, or berry-coloured lipstick for a stunning autumn look (ok, now I will stop with the autumn-related talk, promise! ;))
Hopefully you don’t find this too much for a daytime look, I know I wouldn’t 🙂